A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

What's in my mind


It's a Freezing February in Marawi. And what's in my mind?

One.
I am thinking of me entering Med.School next year. Ameen. At first I have considered stopping for a while (that's one year, it's certainly IS a WHILE). And perhaps find some job to earn small money. Save some, and use it for my first enrollment. But then came the NMAT result: I got a really-really-really unexpected percentile score of 98%! whoa! And it means I can avail more scholarship with this score. And that turned my decision on a total U-turn: I Will enroll in Med School. And I will be the first Doctor in our Family! Yeah!

As for the schools I am planning to enroll in, i have the top three yet: UP Med; St.Lukes' and MSU Med.

Two.
Graduation (at last!) and I can't help thinking: "really, am i now going to graduate? It felt like I had just finished paying my first Student fee at the Cashier's Office!" After all the overnights spent; the amazing mist (fog) that covered golf course; every frustrating exams in our Major subjects; endless discussions and book scanning; reading piles of photocopy (MSU Style); eating with "gloves" (it's not the regular gloves guys, ask the MSUans about it:-); eating the same "ulam" for four long, veeery long, years; going to different places during fieldtrips; meeting deadlines on a brink of time; having yourself look funny on a Music Video; hangovers in other rooms in the dormitory; duty hours watching Movies even the exam is already the next day; being scold at by the Security Guard after forgotting your ID; and everything you can imagine. I just can't feel like I'm already GOING out of that world. certainly, I WILL MISS THIS.

But oops, I'm not yet there. I am just almost there. And I wanted to use the very last minute of this remaining time i have in my college life. I want to learn more. Discover more. Explore more. If only I have more time to do so.

Three.
Two words: MY THESIS. Of course I wont be able to reach the above mentioned goals if and only if I wont be able to pass my remaining Subjects: and it means finishing my thesis as well. (now that I mentioned it, i was supposed to finish tallying the results. hehe). So, that's it, I am thinking about my thesis, and i want it to be done as early as I can! I want to graduate, pls. lang.

the title of my thesis:
"Phenotypic Variation of tausugs, meranao, and Kamayo tribes in Different Areas in Mindanao Based on Selected Genetic traits"

Pretty Interesting isn't it?

Four.
SOLSS. Being the President of a department with a population of more than 300 Students is not a joke. Really, I'm not kidding. And I have less than two months left to handle all the responsibilities and lend all possible service me and my officers can do. I already grew up in the BIOLOGY DEPT and heart already belonged to this place. I don't want to leave it there without me being able to repay Her. Aja! we are still on the move!

(Science Week is on Feb14-20, 2011)

Five.
Nothing Follows. (Honestly, I have a lot of things to think about these days, but this is the top four so far. They never left my blogging mind even in my dreams!)


What I am doing now:
  • Reading: Paulo Coelho's Valkyrie
  • Malcolm Rose's TRACES: a murder case
  • Just Finished the Video "Munting Pangarap" wherein I became the main actor (for the first time) directed by Sohy Gonting, a good friend. It was a documentary film about child labor. just a 10-min. clip:-)
  • and Pls visit my new Web Page: http://www.asmusahari.weebly.com It is still practically empty yet. but atleast you can still check it out.

Sharing this Photo of me with my Bro: harun during a Quiz show where our Organization, CNSM IQC got the Grand Slam Champion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Applying to UP College of Medicine

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: the Spanish-built Walled City