A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

A Letter of Thanks

August 27, 2011

[Mail Address Here]


Greetings of Peace!

I am Ahmad S. Musahari, the student-scholar of the Rasul Family who asked for assistance for admission in UP Medicine last March 2011. Although I wasn’t able to submit my papers on time—due to my own shortcomings—and missed that great opportunity, I was able to see another great blessing I had. I realized how much blessed I was of having a number of people behind me, always ready to give a hand it times of need. My disappointments in failing to enroll for this year’s admission, would never be a reason for me to forget and be unthankful to those who gave their time and helped me at those times.

Please know that I am very much grateful to the Rasul Family, especially the former Sen. Santanina Rasul and Ms. Amina Rasul, for the enumerable help they had never hesitated to give me. They had never stopped helping us Muslim Youths who aspired for greater education and to render better services for the community. They never ceased to believe that our Muslim Youth certainly can make a change. Most of my leadership learning and aspirations were rooted with the hope of being one of them someday. 


My deepest thanks to Dr. Ophelia Bernabe, whom I knew was so much dedicated in helping us that she spent some hours of her life talking to the chancellor of UP Manila for my application. I was indeed speechless when I came to know this. I felt so much grateful of having Dr. Offie who would do that even though I had never met her before. There is just one thing I know now about her: she is a great Doctor with a great heart. (I am indeed looking forward of meeting her in the future to thank her personally). Same goes to Dr. Ramon Arcadio, Chancellor of UP Manila himself, who shared his precious time and understandingly accepted my papers even though I failed to meet the deadline of submission. Just by keeping my papers available in his office is something I certainly have to be thankful of. I am hoping for the day I will meet him at UP Manila next year. I would also like to thank those I failed to mention but became part of this great blessing I had.

Right on that day, I have promised myself that I would never ever disappoint these people. They had done something for me, even how little or big these things are, and certainly I will do my best and become the best Muslim doctor in Sulu and Mindanao! Insha’Allah! (God Willing)

Towards this end, as the Holy month of Ramadhan draws to a close, I will pray to the Almighty that he will keep on blessing these people who never failed to help those who are in need. Ameen.

For the brighter future of Mindanao!

    Very much grateful,

    Ahmad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission