A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

Finally, my 10,000th reads.


It took me more than three years from my first post in this blog to reach the 5-digit reads up there, and Alhamdulillah, the long duration of waiting for this moment has finally arrived. Finally, after almost four years (my first post was dated January 9, 2009) we have at last reached the 10,000th hit! Hooray! Hooray!

And so, to celebrate this--ehem, ehem-- achievement, let me shout out to the sky…

CONGRATULATIONS to ANAK ILUH! Ahahaha!

Kidding aside, it really felt good to have reached that many hits for this humble blog which started basically from scratch and had served as my “trash-can” for the always-rejected-articles I had. From being a personal blog to something I never thought it would be; from discussions on Historical concerns to current events involving my community; from “pampalipas-lang-ng-oras” write-ups to insights regarding problems of the society (and problems I have hehe); this blog had always been another mirror of myself; of how I see things; of what my dreams and aspirations are.

Of course, the 10,000 reads won’t be possible without our readers which are roughly composed of the following:

39% by the accidental readers (those usually searching the keywords: ‘Tausug’, ‘Sulu’, and ‘Anak Iluh’ in Google and other search engines; o included here are the blog-walkers by accident);

48% from my self-accredited ‘avid fans’ (who happen to have nothing to do in their free times and just go here to read, or scan the posts.); and

23% by me, the author ? (who keeps on reading and rereading my posts, checking if I really did it right)
(*Source: Gawa-gawa-lang Statistical Company)

 

Salamat sa mga nagbigay inspirasyon sa akin magsulat: Mam Sam, Kuya Sohayl, Kah Neldy, Indah Kai, the MV and Scientia pipol to name a few;
Salamat sa mga fans sa inyong patuloy na pagsuporta, mabuhay kayo!
Salamat sa lahat ng mga palaging bumibisita sa blog na’to kahit konteng-konte lang talaga napo-post ko;
Salamat sa lahat ng mga nagbibigay ng kanilang mga hinaing at comments (na nabibilang lang);
Salamat sa lahat ng mga naliligaw sa internet at napadpad sa blog ko (sana ipagpatuloy niyo pa rin yan, nakakatul;ong kayo sa pag-asenso ng ating bayan... goodluck);
Salamat sa mga Blog Groups (Tausug Bloggers atbp), mga blogsites na nagbibigay liwanag sa aking mga katanungan, at sa inspirasyon na rin sa mga ideya;
Salamat sa room-mate kong taga IT nung college, si Ahmad Benjir (actually sa project assignment niya na magdesign ng website kung saan mas natuto ako sa kakatanong sa kanya; dude, dami kong natutunan sa HTML…)
Salamat sa Blogspot, sa pagbibigay katuparan sa isa kong mga pangarap (makapublish ng mga katerbang sulatin), kahit tinanggal mo ako sa AdSense kaa wala akong income;
Salamat sa aking munting laptop, na palaging nao-overwork tuwing may ideyang pumapasok sa kokote ko; pati na rin sa partner niyang mga ballpen na naubusan ng ink, at mga scrap papers na napupulot ko lang sa kung saan-saan;
Salamat sa kung sino pa man ang dapat kong pasalamatan.
At salamat sa’yo kaibigan. Kasi sinamahan mo ako hanggang sa huling parte ng post na ito. :-)
===
Marahil hindi na ako makakapost ng madalas tulad ng dati, andami na rin kasing mga dapat kong asikasuhin. Pero, InshaAllah, asahan niyong sa tuwing bubuksan niyo ang blog na ito, sa bawat post na mababasa niyo, ay mayroon kayong makikitang kabuluhan (I hope so. Hehe); at mas makikilala niyo ang taong nasa kabila ng lahat ng kaguluhan, este, kasulatan sa munting blog na ito.

Ito po si Anak Iluh, at your service.
(sa susunod na 10,000th read ulit :-D )

Salam Kasilasa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission