A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

Uhm, Speech-Less

It was almost 5 in the afternoon when my phone rang, displaying an incoming call from an unknown number. I picked it up and answered the call with the classical "Hello?"

"Salam Utuh Ahmad," a woman's voice was on the other side of the line, "Are you here in MSU? This is Mam Dong"

"Wassalam Ma'am," I replied, wondering why would our High School Registrar call me, "I am not in MSU now, but I can go there right away,"

"Ok, please do. I have an important matter to tell you," now I am getting more curious why I am being called at this time of day.

"Insha Allah Ma'am, I am on my way,"

====
Let's cut the long story short, I went to the High School department, met Ma'am Dong and our DSA Chairman Sir John, and was informed why I was called there: The High School Department will be holding a Recognition Program for the Honor Students the next day, and--out of time constraints and the desperation of finding anyone to invite, I WILL BE THE ONE TO DELIVER THE INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE!

And I was like "WHAT?! Me?! Are you sure Ma'am?"

But even how hesitant I was at first, I have never forgotten how the High School department had become a part of my--ehem--successes in my academic life, and so, I took the challenge. I told myself that I wanted to try it before I go into Medschool. That night, I prepared my draft.

The next day, most of the people-even my mother-were unaware who will be the "guest" speaker, or if there will be any, because it was all in a rush.and when my turn came, I was introduced by my former English Teacher; And as my name was called; as I stood up from the audience seat (yeah, I sat and wait there), as I slowly paced my way to the stage; I was still unsure if this is really happening. Whoo! Such thrill!

And there I was, standing in front of all the Honor students, their parents, my former teachers, and the audiences, with all their eager eyes waiting for my supposedly inspiring message. I managed a short prayer, took a deep breath, greeted the crowd, and started my short speech.

In the end Alhamdulillah, it went well somehow. I felt so accomplished! Maybe it was not as how everyone expected it to be (of course, it's my first time Dimmit!), but at least, I was received by the crowd with gret warmth, they somehow liked the short message I had just 'crafted' the night before.

Indeed, I felt so grateful and honored to be "guest speaker" (keep it in a quote-and-quote) of the one humble event in my beloved alma mater.

You can get a free softcopy of my speech in this LINK. Oh by the way, the most part of the speech was in Sinug (Tuasug Language). So, I'm sorry for those who cannpt understand Sinug, you have to wait for the translations to come. Perhaps one of these days, someone would have the heart to translate it for you. 0f course, It doesn't mean you are not allowed to download a copy. Feel free to DL it and share with others. It's just a speech by an unknown man anyway.

Lovelots, Salam kasilasa!

AnakIluh





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission