A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

From Malaysia with love

Bonifacio and the Philippine Post Office
Earlier last Friday afternoon (a rarity that I have no more classes), I went to the Philippine Postal Office to claim a parcel package. It was sent by an adorable friend from Malaysia whom I met last year on her daring adventure to our hometown, Sulu.

She just got married last October and as much as I wanted to attend, I was sadly unable to for my schedules are already packed with my studies. And yes, there’s also the problem with my passport. And financial thing too. Aaand.. Anyway, so much for those excuses… as a sign of friendship, the couple sent a “gift” or “token” for me and other friends whom she (the bride) have been fondly get attached with during her short stay in Zamboanga and Sulu. And that’s what I was going to claim at the post office.

I wonder what's inside this gigantic building?
The post office, as usual, always gives me a lot of questions to ask (its my second time coming here by the way; cant remember the reason for coming there the first one though). First is the statue of Bonifacio. What does a revolutionary leader got to do with the post office? I have no idea. Then the big, old building itself. It is so huge and massive that you could imagine that the government is actually hiding some gigantic robot or dinosaur inside! (Hsssshhhh! Don’t tell them about it!). Oh well, that was just me and my poor little imagination working when I’m walking alone observing big, old buildings.

So, I received the package (aren’t they supposed to be delivered? Oh well), paid some amounts (I don’t know for what, just pay it man!), clung to it like a first trophy I just received and went directly to my place, excited to see what’s inside. (Plus, I can’t stay outside Manila for too long. I feel more… uneasy and longing more for my quiet neighborhood at home in Sulu).

At my room at last, I carefully removed the plastic wrapped in packaging tapes and immediately noticed the big, red letters written in the orange tapes that read: AL-QURAN. It was perhaps written there to inform the "carriers' to take extra care in handling the box because there's a Qur'an inside. It's supposed to be that way. I hope they did what they are supposed to do -_-. There were also some stickers that I can say coming from the Malaysian agencies just like the Phil.Post. 

The box from Malaysia :D
  After slowly removing the tapes, and finally opened the box, I saw this (in amazed expression):


Yay! Colorful Flowery cute brooches!
Wait WWHAAAT?!?!?

Okay, for a second there, I thought I got the wrong box. What am I supposed to do with these cute little flower pins! Then I remembered that this was not exclusively for me (oops. haha), these were for the other two girl-friends of the bride. I looked and checked the rest of the content and there it was :D mashaAllah. A Qur’an and a set of DVDs in which recorded are the videos of the couples’ Aqad Nikah (Vow of marriage) and walimah (wedding banquet). Now I am sure this one’s for me hehe. (The Qur’an is in Malay… So I should really learn Malay now)

The real deal :D Alhamdulillah

For the two couples, bro Albirruni and Sis Wiwin, Jazakumullahu Khairan! Thank you so much for these gifts even though we were never able to attend your great day :(

But really, having these DVDs and maybe by watching your union, in sha Allah it would feel like we were also there, present, praying for both of you, giving you best wishes (SAMUMA??), and praying for Allah’s blessings in your success in this Dunya and Akhira (Ameen).



I will watch these videos during the year-end break when I get back to Sulu, In shaa Allah. (just be sure that these come with English subtitles, hehe,just kidding)

It’s always a great pleasure to have great friends from around the world. Friends whom you share same faith, whom you could consider your brothers and sisters even if you are never blood-related. There’s just this amazing feeling of love. That brotherly love than can even encompass and go beyond the transient time we have in this worldly dunya and will last until that day that we will see each other in Jannah once again. Allahumma Ameen.

(Now where is that future bride of mine hiding? LOL. I’m just kidding. I’m not there yet. Too far. Too far yet. But in shaa Allah someday ;)


You can check our couple’s site at: www.nafuzu.com

Comments

Albirruni said…
Assalaamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh.
Thank you brother Ahmad for the wishes to Allah 'Azza wa Jalla for us. Baarakallahu fiik. May Allah bless you as the most brilliant doctor in the world.
wiwin said…
Magsukul, for your assistances during my visit to Sulu. I enjoyed my time there with you and 3 other more Tausugs friends. Sorry i only can give you that al-Quran, please read it and dont forget to pray me and my husband. You should start to learn Malay languange from now on, considering that is your ancestor's language... (haha...kidding po). Thanks also for designing A&W logo (wedding souvenir)
ahmad said…
Allahumma ameen.

Please know that having you two as our friend is already a great GIFT from Allah :)

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission