A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

Home-made scrubs by me and my Mother

Bismillah. I have been avoiding posting here in my blog for some reasons... I still cant organize the messy compartment in my head sooo I have intentionally delayed publishing many posts since last year... But don't be sad guys, I am going to share you a fun and happy post here :)

HOME-MADE SCRUB SUITS

This is my new pair of scrub suits. Cool aren't they? Where did I bought them you asked? In a store full of medical equipment? nope. This my friends, were made by my mother when I last went home to Sulu...

That;s my beloved Inah. And that's her friend, the sewing Machine (which is by the way older than me)

You see, my mother loves sewing. It's her new hobby (aside from being a workaholic, all-day-all-night mother slash librarian slash high school teacher slash cook slash house manager slash.. oh you already got my point so...) when I asked her if she can make some pair of scrub suits for me... The next day she went to the "Juwal-mura" (local "ukay-ukay") and bought meters of blue-grey cloth and started doing her magic... 



What we need

I did help at some minor tasks... 


"Cut, cut, cut... I think I have a future here... I should consider being a tailor one day"

"Make it longer or shorter? hmmm"

Yes, I think I am doing good here. *whew*



Tadaa!

Tadaa, the first pair was done in, uhm, after 2 days :) haha. It took longer than expected because it was her first time making scrub suits so she have to do a lot of "innovations" (which include ripping apart my old scrub suit, and sewing them again)... Also, I have to be there almost all the time, for her to get my body measurements, then sew, sew, sew, then measure again, then cut, cut, cut, then measure again... and so on.



Tadaaa again! Might distribute this in my class some day hahahaha

Comments

Anonymous said…
haha nice
-yahya

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission