A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

Summer Heat and Halal Hunting!

Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be upon you all!)

Summer is really finally here!! We can all feel it yeah? right? How I wish that I could go to school wearing my shades. Then everyone would call me crazy, so I wont haha! And while most of the universities in the country are already preparing for their final exams and graduations, we on the other hand are still just past our mid-year classes. The undergraduate courses are now fighting for their lives while swimming in floods of midterm exams. Goodluck guys! Keep swimming! haha

Life in Medschool: I am still alive!

Now updates on my life as a medical student (assume I still have one, yes). We just started our first day in FCH250: Integrated Clinical Clerkship in Community Medicine I. And guess who is the unfortunate LO (Liaison Officer)? Yes, you are talking or rather reading to him right now haha. I love working in the community, although I concede, this will surely be a totally different experience for me. A different kind of community medicine wherein we will be serving the Urban Poor instead of the Rural areas which I have been used to for the past two years. This will also be the year that we will start going on "immersion" to the urban boor communities in Manila. We were already grouped and assigned with our respective Barangays to visit for the next two weeks of rotation in this field of discipline.

Expectations? Perhaps to learn more skills and strategies in implementing quality health services to the under-served; learn more about dealing with groups of people and perhaps in sha Allah apply these learning upon my return to my dear homeland, Sulu in sha Allah! 

It is still the first day, so yeah, there are still so many things to look forward to ^_^

And so, what happened with the other "rotations" I have been? haha. After our training in pediatrics last January, we went to Radiology for two weeks then to Neurosciences and Psychiatry for another two weeks. In sha Allah I will post what I can about those time if I can ^_^ All I can say is they were all exciting and fun, I tell you. Full of learning, if only you will do your part. Have been reprimanded as well for being tardy at times -_- my bad. I will work on that bad aspect of myself yes. 

=================

Halal Manila Blog: Your one-stop site for anything Halal in Manila


And if you think I already had soooo many blogs under my shirt (how many already? 6? 7?), you are still wrong haha! i don't know why, but I just keep on adding more and more projects that I wanted to do before clerkship begins (that's 6 months from now! @_@ Scaaaary!) ICC year is considered the most benign of the 5 years so I have to make use of it without sacrificing my acads of course.

Anyway. What's this new blog I am talking about? It's known as HALAL MANILA! 
It is NOT a new blog per say. It started years ago by a dedicated Muslim sister with the intention of helping those Muslims in Manila looking for Halal restaurants serving authentic Halal foods. I have been following this blog for some time until when it went into hibernation last 2013. And after discovering that there were actually so many Halal places in Manila, I decided to inform them about this. At first I was tinking about creating A NEW BLOG (would you believe that? Me!? ike I have all the time in the world? haha) but then decided against it. And instead of creating a new one and have aseparate blog, why not just collaborate and put all our efforts together?

And Alhamdulillah! I was able to contact the admin and she replied with great enthusiasm as I have ^_^ Alhamdulillah! And so my HALAL HUNTING begun.

So, if you know any Halal place is Manila or even in Quezon City, please do not hesitate to inform us! Just click the Halal Manila logo above (ha! you thought it was just there to be an image huh?). Click it and you will be redirected to the blog. ^_^

In sha Allah we will update the blog once in a while.

That's it for now. 
Salam Kasilasa!

Anakiluh, MD (Mainit Dong! Summer na!)


PSS!

The list for the qualified interviewees for UP College of Medicine Class 2020 is now up! Too bad I have to wait for the college to release the official list yet (I cannot use the pubmats by other orgs I am not affiliated to haha) Anyway, Congratulations to all those who made it to the shortlist... Goodluck on the interviews! My room mate is actually one of them! haha Grats Nino!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission