A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

Graduation

March 30, 2016
Clerkship Day 208
Day 3 on Rehabilitation Medicine

I received a text message from my dear cousin yesterday:

"Ungud (couz), are you free tomorrow? Ama is asking if you're free..." it read. Yayang (as we call her way back then) is my first cousin and a childhood friend, a humble daughter of my favorite maternal uncle. She's also in Medschool and we're on the same year (4th year). Right after reading her message, I was immediately reminded about something: IT'S HER GRADUATION DAY ALREADY!

I was not on duty that day but I still have to go to PGH and attend to my patients. I was only free after 4:30 PM, I told her and her father. I really wanted to attend the graduation ceremony and witness and feel that "feeling" of seeing your batch-mates (from other medschool) finally stepping up to the stage... receiving their fruits of labor... their diplomas... and being called "Dr. So-and-so". Maa sha Allah! But I just can't leave my post -_-

But then instead of me going to their place, they decided to "celebrate" here in Manila instead (they had a hard-time looking for a Halal restaurant there) and besides, we have other cousins who are staying around Manila. And so we had a wonderful Family Dinner.
The Sampang Family :)


And because I failed to bring my gift to her (haha) I am writing this impromptu letter instead.

Dear Ungud:

Al-Hamdulillah and Mabrook my dear cousin! ^_^ We are so proud of you! You have finally reached the end of your four-year struggle in Medschool and now you are ready for your next challenge: Post-Graduate Internship (PGI)! I know you may feel like you are not that good, but honestly, you are more than that. Because you are BETTER and GREATER! :) I will always pray that Allah will keep you strong and steadfast, for this road that we have decided to take is indeed a very long and exhausting path. I am just glad I have a cousin beside me to get by :) Pasari na maun kahunitan kita, in sha Allah dumatung da in katan ha kabayaan sin Allah :) 

As Allah always reminds us in the Holy Qur-an:

"Fainna-maal 'Usriy yusra... Inna maal 'usriy yusra." (For indeed, in every hardship, comes ease...)
-Surah Nashr 94:5-6
photo not mine :r


Come to think of it, your name was derived from that word! YUSRA = Ease :) So in sha Allah everything will be easy for you, Allahumma Ameen.

And here's another favorite verse in the Qur'an:

photo not mine :p and I'm too lazy to look for the owner


Yes. We still have a lot to go through. And this letter, this blogpost, I am dedicating to you :)

Salamkasilasa!

Your proud couz,
Ahmad


=0=0=0=
As for me...

Her graduation actually reminded me of my own journey as well. Wow! My fourth year in medschool is almost done (Hey! I am supposed to be graduating as well!!! #bitter Haha just kidding.) But I still have another year to finish (internship) before I could feel that excitement and enjoy the mesmerizing smell of our toga... and perhaps by then, I could finally cry my heart out. Dzah! #dramapamore haha.

For now. I still need to survive the remaining days of clerkship. One day at a time :)

-Ahmad



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission