A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

The Road to Internship

"How do I prepare myself for Internship year?" I once asked my senior interns during the last few days of my clerkship (4th yr) in UP-PGH. 

"Haha! You don't! And you can't! You only have what, 2 or 3 weeks of 'vacation' after your exams and tadaa! Internship comes without you having enough time to prepare for it!" one of them said.

"Just go and attend. That's all." another intern told me matter-of-factly, followed by a solemn tap on my shoulder and a 'you-just-have-to-do-it' look into my eyes before she left. 

But one of my good friends and now a full-pledged physician working in Zamboanga perhaps got the best answer to this question: 

"Internship is just like Clerkship all over again. Maybe twice the length for some major departments, but it's less the stress than what you had last year in clerkship. It will be easier than you think because you have already done this before...What makes it harder is the greater responsibility you carry with it this time around."

So, what is the best thing to do then?

"Learn the most you can for your one last year in UP-PGH. Don't just settle on doing the procs and scut works (although honestly, you can't avoid them), Find time to review your previous lectures. Every time you get a case, pick one among the many cases assigned to you, and make sure that you learn something from it, Learn how to manage it as if you are the REAL physician of the patient. Learn how to refine your admitting orders, progress notes, etc. If you don't know something, ask your Resident to teach you."

"Remember, most important of all, you are doing this not just for yourself but for those future patients. You owe them the best services you could offer."


=0=0=0=
Indeed, time do fly so fast! Just a few years ago (four years to be exact) when I first set foot in this institution with great hopes and expectations for myself. That finally, I am getting closer to that one big dream of mine... And now, here I am! After all those years of hardship and struggles... I am now just a few more step away from achieving that dream, Hamdan Lillah!

It still feels surreal. I still can't believe it *teary-eyed*. Seriously, after receiving my intern's coat, and set my eyes on my name above the all-familiar UP-PGH logo: AHMAD S. MUSAHARI, beautifully embroidered with another two letters following it: "M.D." I almost shed a tear for seeing that one! (if only I was alone that time haha! Good thing my sanity got the best of me.)

Yes, I have failed a lot of times throughout this exhausting journey. Had a couple of times feeling of 'almost' giving up. But Alhamdulillah! I survived it all through Allah's help and in keeping me strong... And because of those people, wonderful people around me who keep on believing in me even though I myself feel like I really don't deserve it... Thank you! Magsukul tuud kaniyu katan. huhu. Promise, I will do better this time! I will do my bestest best! in sha Allah!

Wait why am I getting too hyped and overly dramatic here!? It's not like I am done with internship already! LOL! I am only actually ABOUT TO START another year of hardship in the great halls of Philippine General Hospital, but now not anymore wearing my giddy, overly-excited LU3/LU4/LU5 face or that ever-exhausted, apathetic face of an LU6 clerk... but now wearing my Game-face-on mask, ready to take on the challenges that lies ahead of me! *Note: A reference to the Faceless men of GOT*

Bismillah! Onwards to Internship!

(Pls pray for me though. Badly need it haha)

Incoming UP-PGH Intern Musahari, signing in!
(Written 3 days before internship)

Photos:

4 days before Internship. Incoming UP-PGH interns Class 2017 donning their hard-earned intern coats... It still feels surreal *teary-eyed* huhu I still can't believe we're almost done! 

A tribute to the recently-ended 6th season of Game of Thrones. Spoiler alert, I will take the Iron Throne! haha




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission