A tour Around Jolo, Sulu

Image
  Assalamu Alaykum! (Peace be with you!) I just realized... I haven't talked much about my videos about Sulu in this blog. I have a playlist which you can watch if you are interested in seeing (or maybe visiting?) my dear homeplace.  Just check it out here: JOLO, SULU PLAYLIST You can watch this instead:      Yup, that is all for today.   PS. I am mulling over the idea of transferring my blog from blogspot to wordpress...  hmmmmmm    

It's Lapu-Lapu, again?

 Assalamu Alaykum.

It's May 1, 2021, exactly 3 years, 2 months and 29 days since my last post published in this blog.


Yes, I am still alive Alhamdulillaah. And Ramadhan mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters :) 


I do still check this blogsite once in a while to moderate comments. But my creative mind have long forgotten what it's like to write and publish a blogpost (just kidding, I'm either busy or lazy to publish one lol). 


I decided to publish an update because my page suddenly had a spike of views in its long years of hibernation. I already knew why: Lapu-Lapu.


 (thanks Lapu-Lapu, Tausug ka man o hindi haha). And yes, I decided to unpublish my most popular post as well, due to its numerous unverified information. 


Do I still believe Lapu-Lapu was not a Filipino? Yes. Why? Simple: the word "Filipino" was non-existent yet in 1521. Period.


Was Lapu-Lapu a Tausug? I cannot say for sure. Truth be told, I only got these information from oral histories and traditions shared by Tausug elders, of the grand adventures of Maas Ilidji also known as Datu Kulapu or Datu Pula. But was he the same Lapu-Lapu that killed Magellan? I can't say for sure. I am in no position to conclude that. They say "leave the explanation to the experts." "Leave it to the historians to correct the errors of yesteryears."


Who am I anyway? I wrote and published that blogpost when I was still studying in MSU Marawi, a curious college student who was still naïve of the realities outside school. I have no formal studies in History aside from the couple of history books I read (not those written by Zaide and other Philippine historians, btw). 


We know, "Victors write history." And indeed they did. Now everyone believes what they will say about that happened in the past. If only there was any way to really know and see for ourselves what really happened. Only by then will this dispute end. 


Aaaagh! I'm going back to my talkative self again *_* I was supposed to just give an update about my life since my last post. But I guess, I will just leave it for another day.


Hmmm. Maybe I will just give you guys at least 2 Major update: (1) I am now worker as a Medical Officer in one of the public hospitals in Sulu, my hometown; and (2) I am now a married dude. Just got married this month :) 


That's all for now.


To catch up to my latest works, you can visit: 

https://facebook.com/docahmadhajiri

https://facebook.com/tausug101

https://youtube.com/tausug101


sunrise. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOME USEFUL TAUSUG WORDS YOU CAN USE.

Sulu Hidden History: The remnants of Sulu Parula (Parola) -part 2

The May 1 Tuli Mission